Thursday, 17 October 2013

Blog Reflections: Week 6

This week we started analysing 3 different products, this included:

Digipak's
Music Video's
Magazine Advert's

We split this work between us as we had to look at 3 of each products. This helped us manage this piece of work better as it was fairly split up. I mainly looked at the digipaks and the magazine adverts whereas my partner focused more on the music videos. When analyzing the digipaks i looked at the colours used, how the artist had been branded, any stereotypes present, the representation of the artist and how they are being shown through the several panels of their individual digipaks.  I also spoke about what i liked about each digipak and how it has inspired me to use something like that in my own digipak.



I also looked at magazine advertisements for 3 different artists. I spoke about the positioning, the conventions used, how the artist has been branded, the use of colours, the typography and how this all represented the artist. I also said what i liked about the magazine advert and how i could use some of their visual ideas in our final idea for our magazine advert. 



We also filmed another focus group as we wanted to find out more about what people thought of our song choice, our ideas and what they expect to see. This helped us get an idea of what people thought of our song and visual ideas and how we could translate their feedback onto our work and improve or make any changes depending on what they thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment